Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wanna get high?


Sarah Palin does ... or at least she did. I haven't heard too much about her statement concerning her past marijuana use; I guess lipstick and seeing Russia from your home just make better jokes.

Fair enough, but she did admit to smoking a little pot back in the day. The quote: "Palin has said she smoked marijuana but didn't enjoy it and doesn't smoke anymore. " 'I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled,' ” she told the Anchorage Daily News in 2006."

That story from CBSnews.com also says when Palin got a little high, it was under Alaska's liberal drug laws that allowed it, which have since changed. My question is, is it still legal?

I did some checking with our friends at NORML, which claims possession of less than an ounce of pot (that's a little more than lid for you old timers) carries no penalty.

Yeah, maybe NORML isn't the best source, but there's some contradictory information out there.

Checking the Alaska code, I learned that: "Marijuana is a schedule VIA controlled substance" and that if you've got less than 1/2 ounce (a little less than a lid), then you're guilty of a Class B misdemeanor, which appears to be the least illegal thing someone can do.

Not sure how much time that'll get you in a cold Alaskan prison, but I doubt it's that much. If smoking dope is indeed illegal in the Great White North, as it appears it is, then I'm guessing it's going to stay that way under a McCain/Palin administration.

Because, remember folks, the bong song is the wrong song.

No comments:

Free Blog CounterGimahhot